Character Creation Guide (USS Lexington)
- GM's Note: This Character Creation Guide was created to enable players to develop a character native to the alternative universe in which the USS Lexington sim exists. If there are any questions, please direct them to the Game Manager.
Characters will need to be between the ages of 18 to 60 in order to be considered for the Lexington. If you want you character to have fought in the Federation/Klingon War, the character will need to apply with an age of at least 42.
Should your character be younger than 42, your character will need to have a backstory that doesn't involve the following:
- Starfleet Academy
- Privileged upbringing
- Illustrious service record aboard a Federation Starship
- If human, not born on Earth
For a comprehensive look at our Alternate Universe, please visit our brief timeline.
Note: Original species are permitted, but applicants are first encouraged to speak with the GM on Discord prior to submitting an application.
The following species are available to new players:
The following species are permitted, though their planets are not members of the Confederation:
The following species are not available to new players:
- Borg / ex-Borg
Established Canon Characters
"Main" characters, such as Kirk, Spock, Pike, Burnham, Saru, Lorca, etc., are considered to be dead in this universe and are both unplayable and unavailable.
Players are highly encouraged to create original characters. Should a player wish to play an alternate version of a recurring, and/or guest character, from Discovery or The Original Series, they are first encouraged to speak with the Game Manager to see if the idea would be viable.
Where could my character have been assigned?
For your convenience, and continuity's sake, we have compiled a list of starships and installations that are active in 2280. This does not account for ships that have been destroyed.
- Starfleet Starships
- Starfleet Installations
- Characters can be assigned to locations and services connected to worlds with military academies, bases, installations, and starships.
Enlistment / Starting a Career
- Alien Officers can give 2 years of Starfleet service through an affiliated program (Officer Exchange) for a chance at a higher position through their government. Many take this offer and bide their time in Starfleet knowing the benefits they'll receive when returning home.
- Humans can seek positions through member worlds and attend their academies prior to transferring back into Starfleet service.
- Anyone can enlist in Starfleet, committing a year to service in the mines they own (yes, we're talking actual mining for resources). Starfleet provides a warm bed, food, and security. The mines accept just about anyone.
- In exchange for three years of service, anyone can enlist at Remnant Command, but positions are limited.
- 70% or so of Starfleet are desk jobs or manual labor, serving at embassies or other locations. Starship duty is reserved for the best of the best, requiring two years at Remnant Command, or officer exchange with a member world.
- Based upon position, with leeway for meritorious service
- Officers reserved for Key positions, enlisted are the rest
- Officer ranks are possible through programs with member world’s defense forces.
- Everyone starts with an enlisted rank. Officer ranks, such as Ensign, are only available through the Officer Exchange with member worlds' own academies, or if an enlisted person is promoted to a position of at least Assistant Chief aboard a starship.