Crossing Over (Mission)
With the crisis at Finnea Prime averted and the arrival of Starfleet reinforcements to restore order to the planet, the Black Hawk has been released to pick up where the Vasco da Gama left off at the Finnean Convergence Zone.
The Black Hawk arrived to the Finnean Convergence Zone in early December 2388, just weeks before Captain Geisler's first anniversary as a Commanding Officer. Immediately, the entire science and operations department are put to work studying the barrier surrounding the Zone. Led by Commander Djinx and Lieutenant T'Pai, it is determined that the barrier could indeed be traversed. Following a successful trial run conducted in a fighter by Lieutenants T'Pai and Alexander, the crew spends the next several weeks formulating a plan to breach the barrier and enter the Zone.
On January 4, 2389, the Black Hawk is ready to enter the zone using the carefully crafted, yet concerning, algorithm. The first minute of the flight was uneventful. The algorithm failed, sending the ship into several graviton pockets where Lieutenant Langston loses control. Though the Black Hawk did successfully emerge on the other side of the zone, the ship had lost all power, and the crew all memories. For an hour, the mindless crew wander the ship, hoping to learn who and where they are. It is then when three alien ships detect the Black Hawk. Curious about the unknown ship, three teams of aliens beam aboard the Black Hawk to find the aimless crew. The aliens decide to help restore power to the ship, hoping it would give them a better picture of the ship's abilities. While the crew find the ship's manifests and learn their identities, the aliens recognize that the ship could be a threat. Rather than destroy it, the aliens plan to claim the ship and disassemble it. Since most of the aliens communicate telepathically, they select an Aketi from their numbers to communicate to the Black Hawk's crew, explaining that they would tow the ship away and provide medical treatment to the crew. The crew agrees, and the crew begin to be transported off the ship.
Before leaving the ship, Captain Geisler visits his Ready Room and discovers the secret message from his future self he'd hidden away, urging him to trust no one. This prompts the Captain to mobilize his crew and stop the departures. At the first sign of resistance, the boarding parties attack, but are quickly overwhelmed by the rallied crew. Doctor KIj, with the aid of the EMH, successfully restores memories for Lieutenants Joey Geisler, Reginald Hawthorn, Jazmin Parks and Abbey Road. Together, these four rush to the bridge and manage to fend off two of the alien vessels, who had opened fire on the Black Hawk. The third ship is chased away by Lieutenant Commander Terry Walsh and other elements from the 325th.
Safe at last, the Black Hawk retreats to an uninhabited area where repairs begin and the crew undergoes memory recovery treatments.
Mission Day 1
- 0815 hours: Guarded
- 0900 hours: Breaking Down Barriers
- 1115 hours: Administrative Efforts
- 1300 hours: The Closed Gate
Mission Day 2
- 0700 hours: Breakfast of Champions
- 0800 hours: Routine Inspection
- 0900 hours: Security Check-In
- 1000 hours: Intel Peeps
- 1200 hours: The Boss and the Fly Boy
Mission Day 3
Mission Day 4
Mission Day 6
Mission Day 35
- 0715 hours: Zero Hour
- 0745 hours: Where Are We?
- 0745 hours: Muster Area Five
- 0815 hours: The Five Musketeers
- 0830 hours: Cleanup on Deck Six!
- 0835 hours: Confusion on the Flight Deck
- 0845 hours: Black Out
- 0930 hours: This Has Happened Before, Probably
- 0930 hours: Dramatis Personae
- 1000 hours: Cramped Places
- 1000 hours: The Search
- 1000 hours: Hidden Message
- 1010 hours: Home Field Advantage
- 1013 hours: Wanderers, A Monkey and an EMH
- 1014 hours: Trouble on Deck 19
- 1020 hours: Searching for Answers Could Lead You to Sickbay
- 1025 hours: The Best Defense
- 1045 hours: A State of Mind
- 1055 hours: The Sorting PADD
- 1900 hours: The Dog House
Mission Day 36
- 0100 hours: Free Fall Fever
- 0800 hours: Explain This
- 0830 hours: State of the Engine Address
- 0930 hours: Coming Clean
Mission 13 began on September 29, 2017. Since that time, 104 posts have been published.
Complete Mission Logs for Episode 13: Crossing Over